Vallalar Tamil School allows students who are well-versed in Tamil to be evaluated for a grade higher than the normal grade eligibility (also known as double promotion). Please see below the procedures for this Advance Placement.
- Student’s current class teacher should recommend the student for Advance Placement or double promotion to the Principal.
- Based on Teachers recommendation, Principal will make the determination for an evaluation test.
- Advanced placement evaluation will be administered only for Grades 4 to 8.
- Age eligibility should match the Grade requirements.
Qualifications for Advance Placement
- Student should have 100% attendance during the school year.
- Student should have scored “A” consistently in their previous grades. The final report card will be reviewed for this qualification.
- Student should score “A” in the evaluation test.
- Tests will be administered by the Principal in September